Optimize Every Expression of Your Spirits
Steric Systems’ Revolutionary Process lets you fine tune your spirits in ways never before possible, saves you time and money, improves quality, and rescues flawed spirits.
You desire quality and consistency from your spirits, while constraints around resources, time, and processing often prevent you from realizing the fullest potential of your spirits.
the steric process
ready to taste the difference?
Send us your samples and we’ll send you back your processed spirit, or we can send you our sample kit.
Unlock your spirits’ fullest potential
Developed by patent holding scientists, elite spirit brand ambassadors, and spirit-lovers...
We believe in helping each distiller and spirit realize its full potential. Honoring the traditions of the past while harnessing the technology of the future.
Let’s get started
“Steric Systems absolutely ameliorated the flavor profile of a wood-forward bourbon, perhaps carving out a unique solution to the bourbon world—getting rid of the over-oaked note... Their tech… has opened my palate to the idea that there is a place for new systems in whiskey.”
Well-known whiskey critic and best-selling author, in Forbes
"We are striving to bottle the finest Kentucky bourbon in the world. We start by purchasing the best 8 to 12 year-old bourbon barrels that money can buy. We then blend the barrels and go a step further by finishing the blended bourbon in port, cognac, sherry, and Cabernet Sauvignon barrels for up to a year. This creates maximum complexity to already delicious bourbon. Just before bottling we do a little bit of extra polishing using the Steric Process to give the bourbon a magic soft mouth! This makes our awesome stuff even better."
Co-Owner, Wise Caldwell Distillery
Frequently asked questions
The Steric Process is a proprietary technology that employs electromagnetic energy to modify spirits on a molecular level. There is nothing physically added or removed from the spirit. The process takes seconds and happens at ambient temperature and pressure. Proof remains the same and there is no waste stream.
The Steric Process improves the flavor, mouth feel, and overall quality of unaged or aged distilled spirits. You pick the desired processing intensity level from 1-100 to find the optimal setting for your unique spirits. For spirits with common flaws such as being over-oaked, over-tannic, have an over-astringent mouth feel, or just kind of “funky”, the Steric Process helps to polish the flaws to help bring out the best in your spirits. For already high-quality spirits, the Steric Process can help bring your spirits to the next level and ensure consistency from batch to batch.
It is very affordable because you pay based on the quantity you process. For large and medium sized operations with machines permanently installed on-site, we have no upfront cost leases that include a generous allowance of processed gallons per month. For smaller operations, or customers who only need to process several barrels or totes on a less regular basis, we charge very reasonable rates to bring our portable machine to your facility along with a Steric operator who will help you build your custom taste profiles and run the machine during processing.
In a word, no. Our process works on both aged and unaged, brown and clear spirits. Our process has an effect on the spirit at the molecular level using electromagnetic energy only. We DO NOT use high pressure, low pressure or vacuums, high or low temperatures, flavor concentrates, additives, chemicals, filters, lights, ultrasound or any other of the myriad of other things used in attempts to create a finished spirit by rapid aging. Some of the elements in younger aged spirits that can be affected by the Process will also change as the spirit ages naturally, while other elements will not.
While our process does cost money to use, the benefits effectively reduce costs overall in many scenarios.
With GNS, the Steric Process can:
- Reduce the need for hours and hours spent on excessive carbon filtering or redistilling to remove the common “industrial nose” and dramatically reduce the burn of sourced neutral spirits. For GNS used in in RTD’s or bottled cocktails, the Steric Process helps to make your base spirits clean and neutral to help your flavors shine.
- Allow the use of less expensive GNS in Bottled Spirits without a reduction in quality, or allow a brand to move “up a shelf” without an increase in overall production cost.
- Allow, when sourced whiskey is increasingly scarce, the use of younger, less expensive currently available whiskey (2-year-old straight bourbon for example) by reducing “woody, tannic notes” in whiskeys, opening up and balancing flavors, and softening the “burn” while still leaving a bit of whiskey “heat” desired in a whiskey-based cocktail.
- Allow the use of harsher, less expensive tequila or rum by dramatically reducing “industrial nose”, reducing harshness and “burn”, and opening up and balancing flavors.
- Allow earlier release and bottling of younger goods. The Steric Process takes the “rough edges” off and unlocks and integrates the flavors that are already in the whiskey but less enjoyable because its youth leaves them disjointed, overwhelmed by “burn”, young oak flavors, and tannins.
Our Steric 5 Air Portable unit can be brought by a Steric Systems Technician to your facility by appointment to process anything from single barrels and totes, to smaller productions runs at speeds up to 300 gallons per hour. The Steric Systems Technician will help you refine your own custom processing profiles for each individual spirit you chose to process.
The Steric Process is another tool in your distiller’s toolbox. The process is precisely controllable and gives you the opportunity to optimize all of the flavors and subtleties already in your spirits by unveiling those that may be subdued, and then balancing them together to make a great spirit even better. For high-quality sourced spirits, we can enhance the flavors while differentiating your brand on the crowded shelves. We are currently working with producers who are using the Steric process on their super-premium spirits selling for $250+ per bottle. We don’t just fix broken spirits; we optimize all spirits.
TASTE THE DIFFERENCE FOR YOURSELF
Send us your own samples which we will process and return to you, or we can send you processed samples of well-known spirits to try.
Steric Systems Inc,
8655 Hayden PL, Culver City, CA 90232