DEVELOPED BY PATENT HOLDING SCIENTISTS, ELITE SPIRIT BRAND AMBASSADORS,AND SPIRIT AFICIONADOS…
We are dedicated to helping every distiller realize their spirits' fullest potential, honoring the traditions of the past while harnessing the technology of the future.
The steric process
spirit’s fullest potential
Want to See
the Steric Transformation in Action?
Read the stories of how our technology is transforming the wine and spirits industry.
What They’re Saying.
Simple, Scalable, Transformative
Work with Steric to develop custom solutions and profiles based on your unique product requirements.
Fast installation and comprehensive training on leased units. Mobile units available for on-site visits complete with a Steric Operator.
Process anything from an individual barrel to thousands of gallons with ease and consistency of results.
Ready to Taste the Steric Difference?
Contact us regarding more information on Steric, to arrange sending your samples for processing, or to receive our sample kit.
Frequently asked questions
The Steric Process is a proprietary technology that employs electromagnetic energy to modify spirits on a molecular level. There is nothing physically added or removed from the spirit. The process takes seconds and happens at ambient temperature and pressure. Ethanol proof remains the same and there is no waste stream.
The Steric Process improves the flavor, mouthfeel, and overall quality of unaged or aged distilled spirits. You pick the desired processing intensity level to find the optimal setting for your unique spirits. For spirits with common flaws such as being over-oaked, over-tannic, having an overly-astringent mouthfeel, or just kind of “funky”, the Steric Process helps to polish the flaws to help bring out the best in your spirits. For already high-quality spirits, the Steric Process can help bring your spirits to the next level and ensure consistency from batch to batch.
It is very affordable because you pay based on the quantity you process. For large and medium sized operations with machines permanently installed on-site, we have no upfront cost leases that include a generous allowance of processed gallons per month. For smaller operations, or customers who only need to process several barrels or totes on a less regular basis, we charge very reasonable rates to bring our portable machine to your facility along with a Steric operator who will help you build your custom taste profiles and run the machine during processing.
In a word, no. Our process works on both aged and unaged, brown and clear spirits. Our process has an effect on the spirit at the molecular level using electromagnetic energy only. We DO NOT use high pressure, low pressure or vacuums, high or low temperatures, flavor concentrates, additives, chemicals, filters, lights, ultrasound or any other of the myriad of other things used in attempts to create a finished spirit by rapid aging. Some of the elements in younger aged spirits that can be affected by the Process will also change as the spirit ages naturally, while other elements will not.
While our process does cost money to use, the benefits effectively reduce costs overall in many scenarios.
With GNS, the Steric Process can:
- Reduce the need for hours and hours spent on excessive carbon filtering or redistilling to remove the common “industrial nose” and dramatically reduce the burn of sourced neutral spirits. For GNS used in in RTD’s or bottled cocktails, the Steric Process helps to make your base spirits clean and neutral to help your flavors shine.
- Allow the use of less expensive GNS in Bottled Spirits without a reduction in quality, or allow a brand to move “up a shelf” without an increase in overall production cost.
- Allow, when sourced whiskey is increasingly scarce, the use of younger, less expensive currently available whiskey (2-year-old straight bourbon for example) by reducing “woody, tannic notes” in whiskeys, opening up and balancing flavors, and softening the “burn”.
- Allow the use of harsher, less expensive tequila or rum by dramatically reducing “industrial nose”, reducing harshness and “burn”, and opening up and balancing flavors.
- Allow earlier release and bottling of younger goods. The Steric Process takes the “rough edges” off and unlocks and integrates the flavors that are already in the spirit but less enjoyable because its youth leaves them disjointed, overwhelmed by “burn”, young oak flavors, and tannins.
Our Steric Air Portable unit can be brought by a Steric Systems Technician to your facility by appointment to process anything from single barrels and totes, to smaller productions runs at speeds up to 300 gallons per hour. The Steric Systems Technician will help you optimize your own custom processing profiles for each individual spirit you choose to process.
The Steric Process is another tool in your distiller’s toolbox. We don’t just fix broken spirits; we optimize all spirits. The process is precisely controllable and gives you the opportunity to optimize all of the flavors and subtleties already in your spirits by unveiling those that may be subdued, and then balancing them together to make a great spirit even better. For high-quality sourced spirits, we can enhance the flavors while differentiating your brand on the crowded shelves. We are currently working with producers who are using the Steric process on their super-premium spirits selling for $250+ per bottle.